Today I’m gonna show you an illusion, I only recently managed to “decode”. Titled Romeo and Juliet, this marvelous painting (created by Octavio Ocampo) managed to fool me for quite some time. What at first appears as profile of both Romeo and Juliet about to kiss, also depicts this famous couple in their early years.
Did you know that Octavio Ocampo is one of Mexico’s most prolific artists? I’m not sure we ever talked about him in details, yet I feel it’s important to know he is very well known for his evocative paintings in which detailed images are intricately woven together to create larger images. This is what Octavio Ocampo terms as metamorphic style. By now you should already be able to recognize illusions we featured, which were done by Ocampo. I’ve added the cropped thumbnail just so that you don’t miss the “hidden” details in this one. The rare full-size original may be seen below.
Now that we covered the important part, let me share some important news. As you see I’m doing some major improvements on this site lately. Unfortunately, not always do things go smooth. Luckily, Jill is helping me with the content so I’m given more time to concentrate on the technical part. Before I can proceed with more upgrades, I need you to help me by answering these few (short) questions:
- I believe the “random illusion” button is finally fixed. Is it working correctly for you? Does it bring you to a new random illusion each time you click it?
- Some of our users have reported annoying pop-up ads. As I never allowed those, I think I have identified and disabled them. Do you still encounter misbehaving or ugly adds? Please send me some screenshots at [email protected] if yes, so I can investigate further!
- One of our visitors reported he has been redirected to some spammy “Mac Defender” website. Has this happened to you in the past day or two?
- Few days ago, there has been caching technology implemented to our site. Do you see any improvement in speed when you open this site? Is there something you still find buggy?
- What is the main thing you dislike on moillusions.com, something that makes you not want to visit this site again?